For about 2 years now, I have been trying to stay away from industrial beauty products that are full of chemicals and hormone disrupters.
I switched to gentle, all natural (and often homemade) beauty creams. And I am really happy with those body care treatments so far.
Natural ingredients smell good, are harmless and are really soft on the skin.
– Organic raw cacao butter (you can buy it on Sol Semilla website)
– Organic virgin coconut oil
– Organic pure shea butter
– Organic dried calendula flowers
– Organic sunflower oil
– Lavender essential oil (good to preserve the preparation) or orange essential oil (it will smell like chocolate orangette… so yummy)
First, prepare your infused calendula sunflower oil by letting calendula flowers sit into the oil for about 10 days (keep it in a dark and cool place).
Then, in a double boiler, you will have to melt and stir together the cacao butter, coconut oil and shea butter. Be careful NOT to overheat the butters and oil.
When these butters are mixed together, you can slowly add (while stirring) the calendula infused oil.
Pour finally in the essential oils (which are sensitive to heat, so be aware of the temperature of your preparation when adding the essential oils).
– Organic raw cacao butter is rich in antioxidants that can help to soften and reduce stretch marks on the skin.
– Coconut oil moisturizes the skin very well and smells oh so tasty!
– Organic shea butter contains phytonutrients that can help scars to heal. It may also prevent future stretch marks to appears thanks to its high moisturizing properties.
– Sunflower oil will provide the skin with vitamin E (say hello to a smooth complexion!).