Last weekend I made wonders in my kitchen! I created some scrumptious and healthy sweets made with superfoods such as raw cacao and klamath blue algae! They were oh so yummy! Trust me! You have to try them!
Pure (healthy) decadence! No guilt!
For those little delicious things, you will need:
– 4 tablespoons of raw cacao butter (I used Sol Semilla butter)
– 1 tablespoon of Sol Semilla raw cacao powder (Sol Semilla raw cacao is one of the best I’ve tasted so far!)
– 1 teaspoon of Sol Semilla klamath blue algae
– 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar
– 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
– Orange zest + essential oil
– Cinnamon and cardamon powder
As we are using raw products (except for the coconut sugar), we have to be really careful not to heat them too much, so that we don’t lose the nutrients.
To melt the “chocolate”, use a double boiler and melt the raw cacao butter and the coconut oil on a low heat.
When they are melted, turn off the heat and add the orange essential oil (essential oils do not like too warm a temperature!) and the powders (raw cacao powder, klamath, coconut sugar, orange zest and spices).
Then, you can pour your mouthwatering mixture into ice trays and place them in the freezer so that you can have chocolate-to-go!
– Raw cacao is said to protect the nervous system as it is high in resveratrol (a potent antioxidant), to help repair damages caused by free radicals (again thanks to those powerful antioxidants!), to reduce blood pressure and to energize your mood. Raw cacao is also a great source of minerals like magnesium (again: Good for the brain!), potassium, iron and zinc.
– Klamath Lake Blue Green Algae is harvested in the pure waters of the Upper Klamath Lake in Oregon, USA. It is rich in essential minerals such as magnesium, zinc, calcium and iron. It contains a whole bunch of vitamins (A, B, C, E), easy-to-digest amino acids, active enzyms, essential fatty acids and chlorophyll! You got it: This treasured algae is a great superfood that may help us repair our body cells; correct overacidity in our body; boost our concentration and memory skills.
– Cardamon is a spice used in ayurvedic medicine to prevent bloating and to soothe other digestive issues.
– Cinnamon can help to curve hunger and balance blood sugar levels.