One green smoothie a day, keeps the doctor away! This is, for sure, the motto of every #green-girl and #healthy-girl!
So, here it is… the recipe of a green smoothie that tastes like a tropical vacation in your mouth! I used pineapple from Reunion Island (my favorite ones!!!!) and passion fruits as well. The end-product was really delicious: A good balance between sweet (with the bananas) and tart (thanks to the pineapple). You have to try it!
1 or 2 small bananas
2 handfuls of mint leaves
1 teaspoon of raw wheatgrass (powder)
1 teaspoon of spirulina
Passion fruit, bee pollen, coconut sugar… or whatever you feel like munching on!
How to make it you’ll ask…? Well, let me tell you: It’s as easy as pie!
Blend your leafy greens with some filtered water in a blender or Vitamix.
Chop all your fruits, add it to your green blend … and blend, baby blend!
Tadaaa…. ready to go!
You can top your smoothie with more fruits, bee pollen, cacao nibs, coconut sugar, aguaymanto, etc. Be fancy!
– Pineapple is full of vitamins (eg: B1 – important for the energy production- and C – important so that the immune system can work properly). Pineapple is also loaded with Bromelain, a live enzyme that helps with digestion and the absorption of the nutrients in the intestinal track.
– Banana is a good source of vitamin B6, potassium (which may help you improve your brain activity when learning for instance) and manganese.
– Mint is great to soothe an upset stomach!
– Chia microgreens contain fibers, antioxidants and chlorophyll!
– Wheatgrass is a great source of chlorophyll, which helps to cleanse the liver and the blood. Chlorophyll can also help to boost your immune system.
– Spirulina, the famous blue-green algae, is loved by vegans and vegetarians as their main source of complete proteins (spirulina contains nearly 60% of proteins)
Food Combining “Tip”:
It is a good thing to start your day with your fruits since they are the quickest food to be digested. Eat them first thing in the morning, to avoid bloating and bad digestion.