I was craving something sweet when I came across the recipe of Vegan Banana Bread by Deliciously Ella. I twisted the recipe a little bit according to what I had in my fridge and kitchen closet, so here is my spicy version of this delicious treat.
Ingredients for a yummy and soft banana bread (for 5 people):
– 6 ripe bananas
– 2 cups of chestnut flour
– 1 cup of freshly ground almonds
– 1 cup of buckwheat flour
– 4 tablespoons of ground flaxseeds
– 1 tablespoon of psyllium husk
– 1 pinch of Himalayan salt
– 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder + 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg powder + 1/2 teaspoon of coriander powder + 1 teaspoon of ginger powder + 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder
– coconut oil for the cake pan
Pre-heat the oven at 160°C.
Then mix the ground almonds with the chestnut and buckwheat flours, the ground flaxseeds, the psyllium husk, the salt and the spices.
In a food processor, blend the bananas.
Add this puree to the “flour bowl” and mix all the ingredients together until you have a smooth yet sticky dough.
Oil a cake pan with the coconut oil and pour in the mixture.
Bake it for 1 hour.
Let the cake cool down and “dry” a little bit.
Options: You can sprinkle some coconut flakes or add some banana slices on top.