“The sun is shining, the weather is sweet… Lalala…”
What about a fresh and tangy kind of salad for a beautiful lunch break under the sun? (I love quinoa salads as I can get a huge batch ready during the weekend and eat it during the week at lunch time).
As always with me, this quinoa salad has been made intuitively. That’s to say, I don’t have the exact measurements… So just take this “recipe” as an inspiration for your own rainbow-style quinoa tabouleh!
For one person:
About 1 cup of quinoa that soaked overnight
1/2 a pomegranate
1/2 a red bell pepper
1/2 a yellow bell pepper
1/2 a cucumber
A big handful of fresh mint leaves
A handful of soaked raisins or cranberries
For the dressing: lemon juice + olive oil + Himalayan sea salt to taste
Easy peasy instructions:
- Cook your overnight soaked quinoa according to the package guidelines.
- Chop all your veggies in small squares and chop your mint.
- Collect the seeds of the pomegranate.
- Add all your veggies, mint, pomegranate and raisins to the quinoa (that has cooled down).
- Add your lemon-olive oil dressing.
- Stir and… Enjoy!
Voilà! Bon appétit!
PS: As always, try to buy organic and fresh products when possible.