How to eat more vegetables you ask?
Well… start eating them at every meal, I’ll say.
How is that even possible, you ask?
Let me show you how …
1 – For breakfast:
- In a smoothie bowl: Mix together half a zucchini, some green leaves (collard, spinach, kale), one big banana, one pear or some berries, some green powder (wheatgrass, spirulina, etc) and rice or oat milk. Add extra crunchy toppings. And dig in! Here is another smoothie recipe made with beetroot.
- In a creamy “puree”: Puree together one cooked purple sweet potato, one grated carrot, one banana, some raw cacao powder, cinnamon, vanilla bean, coconut milk and shredded coconut. Top your bowl with vegan chocolate, grated carrot, raisins and enjoy your filling breakfast!
- In a fruit salad: Slice thinly one carrot, one banana, one apple, one orange. Add passion fruit, vanilla and activated almonds. Crunchy and yummy!
- In a juice: But you know that already! Check this recipe! Or this blog. Or this carrot-turmeric juice.
2- For lunch or dinner:
- In an interesting salad made with massaged kale, fennel, celery, apple, avocado, crunchy nuts with raisins and cranberries. Pour over the salad a lemon-tahini-honey mustard dressing.
- In a “yogi bowl”: Quinoa, crudités (cucumber, tomato, bell pepper, celery), mint, parsley, coriander, pomegranate. Add an a baba ganoush (grilled eggplant mixed with tahini, lemon juice, garlic, sea salt, sumac, cinnamon, white pepper and cumin). Or you can have a look at this quinoa salad recipe.
- In another yogi or buddha bowl (as they call it): Quinoa and brown rice pasta, homemade tomato sauce (fresh tomato, sundried tomato and basil), and green veggies (broccolis, zucchinis, spinach, etc).
3- For dessert!!!:
- In an ice-cream: yep! You heard that right! You can buy a vegan ice cream and top it with shredded carrots, wheatgrass powder, raw cacao nibs and a green smoothie (made with zucchini, fennel leaves, coriander, banana and spirulina).
- In a cake: Have you check this cake recipe made with juice pulp? Or this carrot brownie?
- In a raw cake or a raw vegan “cheesecake”: More to come in the upcoming blogposts … 😉